The RedRat3 is a USB based infrared remote control input and output device. In May
2008, the RedRat3-II was released; a redesigned and updated version of the
original RedRat3. More information about the new version can be
Main features include:
- USB powered - no external power supply required.
- Two different IR detectors:
- Long range for control of your PC by remote.
- Short range for accurate IR signal "learning" from your own remotes.
- High powered IR output - range greater than 10m.
- Firmware upgradable
- 3m USB cable
- Full compliance with applicable CE and FCC electromagnetic regulations. Test certification
available upon request.
- The RedRat3-II is RoHS compliant.
- Device driver and SDK available for the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Device driver for Linux
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7:
The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or greater. This is usually pre-installed on Vista
PCs. We support both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista and Windows
A device driver and LIRC code is available
for the RedRat3 and Redrat3-II.
RedRat provides various free applications for creating and managing IR signal datasets.
These can then be used for automation and control purposes. A software development
kit (SDK) makes integration RedRat hardware into your own applications very straightforward
via the .NET API.