If you want to incorporate infrared I/O capabilities into your existing systems and processes please get in touch as we would welcome the opportunity to discuss possibilities with you. It is often much more cost effective and practical to make use of established and proven technology rather than developing an application from scratch. We can offer support and advice to your internal teams, manufacture purpose-built IR applications based on RedRat products, or develop bespoke hardware on your behalf, depending on your requirements.
Our OEM services include:
- Licensing RedRat technology for your own product range
- Custom hardware design
- Rapid software development based on RedRat devices.
- Component white labelling
- Developing specific designs and applications based on RedRat technology
- Developing bespoke remote control devices
The RedRat3-II is a USB-based remote control input/output device that gives IR remote control capabilities to a PC. It includes Windows drivers and a software development kit (SDK) so that our hardware can be integrated into your own applications via a .NET API. We also provide a number of applications so you can quickly set up and manage your own automated testing and monitoring programmes.
- USB powered – no external power supply needed
- Comprises two independent IR detectors:
- Long range for control of your PC by remote
- Short range for accurate IR signal “learning” from your own remotes
- High powered IR output – range greater than 10m
- Upgradable firmware
- 3m USB cable
- Fully compliant with appropriate CE and FCC electromagnetic regulations. (Test certification is available on request)
- RoHS compliant
- Comprehensive SDK available for Windows and some Linux support
- Microsoft Windows Vista/7/8.X
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or greater (usually pre-installed on Windows PCs).
- We support both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista 7 and 8.X.
- Linux: A device driver and LIRC code is available for the RedRat3 and Redrat3-II
- PC control by IR
- Proof of concept and technology testing prior to purchasing IR NetBox
- Small scale STB or Smart-TV testing
- Assistive technology control
The irNetBox-III is a networked unit that allows you to control multiple AV devices via external IR emitter leads. It uses a simple and open TCP/IP based communication protocol so can be used by applications on most platforms. The irNetBox-III is now discontinued, to see the new and more powerful version of this product please click here.
- 16 independent IR outputs that can be used concurrently or in any combination
- 100 different power output levels for all IR outputs
- Front panel indicator LEDs
- IR detector facilities for capturing IR signals
- Built-in self-test functionality
- IR data compatibility with RedRat3
- Power supply
- Compatible with most stick-on IR emitter/flasher leads, (we can also supply these)
- Structured wiring support – a 25-way D-type connector included on the rear panel can be used to attach all IR emitters rather than the single IR output ports
- Fully compliant with applicable CE and FCC electromagnetic regulations (Test certification is available on request)
- RoHS compliant
- RedRat Device Manager – used to install and setup the irNetBox
- RedRat Device Manager fully supports all other RedRat products and offers Seamless integration with professional third party applications:
- Farncombe’s OpenTest consumer device testing system (previously MiriATE)
- StormTest® automatic Set-Top Box (STB) test and analysis system
- Stb-Tester: an open-source video-capture record/playback system for automated testing of Set-top Boxes
- Multimedia control
- Test facilities for Set-top-Boxes and interactive television services
- Broadcast monitoring system control
irNetBox Output Speed
This video shows the difference in output speed between the older irNetBox-II (bottom) and the irNetBox-III (top). Each flash of the front indicator LEDs corresponds to the output of a different IR signal, the irNetBox-III being able to reach a throughput of greater than 80 IR signals (depending on IR signal type).